[Ryedale] Last Night's Meeting

Al Girling al at gcguk.demon.co.uk
Tue May 20 10:11:37 BST 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 08:35:51AM BST, Paul Teasdale wrote:
> Ummm. I see what you mean. Don't feel to bad about not been first Steve.
> Rest good with the knowledge that you were not last :)

Unless Dave chips in after this, I'll claim last place! :)

I was pleased with the way it went last night.  Good to meet you Martin
and nice to see Steve again, especial coming such a long way.  I'll get
the meeting write-up on the web site this evening hopefully.

I'm glad you found the Gramps and OSM stuff interesting.  I could do
with working on my demo technique though.  Something a little slicker
than pointing, clicking and mumbling might be in order!  The Internet
access at the centre is something that needs addressing, though if Dave
is willing for us to use his mobile phone for this then, as Paul
suggests, a whip round to help cover costs will be made.

Nice to see that Steve is up early making GPG challenges and has already
completed the signing process for my key.  Cheers Steve!

I've just seen Martin's post about spelling.  Ispell is definitely your
friend.  I also like the way that vim allows me to complete words I'm
unsure of with ^x and k.  Which gives a drop down list of all matching
words to choose from.

Again, good to see everyone.

Toodle pip,

Al Girling