[SC.LUG] updating php

Andy Roffe sc at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed May 28 18:42:00 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 6:15 pm, Nev wrote:

Hey Nev,

Raq's are a little bit fickle with this kind of thing. I would suggest looking
at the cobalt/sun support site and see if they have built an updated php
for the 550. The main reason for this (and I prepare to stand corrected
becuase its been a while since I played with a raq) that although the dist is
probably redhat, cobalt make a lot of modifications to the system.

You don't say at what point things are going wrong.
Are you installing an rpm or building source. If building from source
are things failing with ./configure or somewhere else.

I'll try to give you a few pointers but be careful, these things are not very
standard. Not such a bad thing in itself but unless you have the
documentation you'll be stuck hunting for things.

regards
Andy Roffe

iTS-LiNUX Ltd
Crewe