[SC.LUG] Joerg Schilling

Frank Mitchell mitchell at cloudynwuk.force9.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 18:59:35 GMT 2005

I see Ian Molton sent an email giving a misleading impression that I have a
particular view of Joerg Schilling, which I don't:
From: "Ian Molton" <spyro at f2s.com>
To: "South Cheshire GNU/Linux Users" <sc at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Subject: Re: [SC.LUG] Trebus for Mac
Date: 24 December 2005 20:44

Alan Pope wrote:
> On 23/12/05, Frank Mitchell <mitchell at cloudynwuk.force9.co.uk> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling is a crackpot. He has strong beliefs that don't match
> those who also work on cdrecord. If he had his way we'd all be running
> Solaris I'm sure.

LOL. I'm not the only one thinking that then :-)

That's Alan Pope's opinion, and presumably Ian Molton's. But I've never met
Joerg Schilling and I reserve judgement. I've seen Joerg Schilling
denouncing several Linux Software items as The Worst He's Ever Seen, and I
know he believes Linux provides inadequate support for SCSI. That's the full
extent of my acquaintance with Joerg Schilling.

But I do believe this is one area where Open Source gets itself into
trouble. People with overlapping responsibilities have different approaches,
and then they start hurling abuse at each other. To me this is a good reason
for going Closed Source. Then people can hurl abuse at me but it doesn't
affect the development of my Software.

Faictz Ce Que Vouldras: Frank Mitchell