[SC.LUG] B-Tree Open Source Code

Frank Mitchell mitchell at cloudynwuk.force9.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 18:35:53 GMT 2005

Last time I looked, my B-Tree Source Code was still on Bob Stout's
"Snippets" Web Page for everybody to use under GPL if they wished. I've got
nothing against Open Source, I just believe it's time to invent alternative
License Conditions.

All the people demanding the right to modify Software, seem to regard
themselves as Authority Figures, not Freedom Fighters. To me that's a
disincentive for anybody who might be interested in Linux as a User. They're
always talking about the changes they want, not the changes other people
want. They don't seem interested in getting any Feedback.

Back in 2001 there did seem to be a shortage of B-Tree Code. I looked on
Google, and the second entry on the first Google Page tended to be about
mine! From what I remember, libc contained something B-Tree related, but not
an actual B-Tree implementation. There was a year's delay before Bob Stout
updated Snippets, and that's when I got all those emails from Computing
Students.

Faictz Ce Que Vouldras: Frank Mitchell