[SC.LUG] Fedora Core and MythTV

Cockroft, John John.Cockroft at GB.Unisys.com
Mon Jul 4 10:21:10 BST 2005

No, I'm not doing very well I'm afraid!

I was trying to use the ATrpms drivers but have given up with that and
have been trying to compile a new kernel (2.6.11.2) having patched the
code with the video drivers.  Problem is I haven't been able to generate
a kernel (yet) that doesn't panic as soon as I try and boot from it.  It
cannot read the file system (I have a SATA hard disk and need sata_sis
compiled into the kernel - which it is and works perfectly with the
stock FC3 kernel and ATrpms kernels).  I have compiled kernels for 2.4
in the past (a while ago) without any problems but FC3 is seriously
getting me down :(

Help!

John.

FREEDOS