[SC.LUG] [Fwd: [cumbria_lug] Lowtech Access Space]

Jason Lucas jason.lucas7 at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 20 01:49:27 BST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 14:43 +0100, Jason Lucas wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 20:04 +0100, Richard Smedley wrote:
> > I can't quite see how to get one of these going in Cheshire, atm
> >  - but I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of others with enthusiasm
> > and/or ideas :-)
>
> I think that this is a great idea, however I agree with Richard about
> the difficulty in getting something like this going in Cheshire. I get
> the distinct feeling that 'the powers that be' around here are simply
> too conservative and technophobic to embrace a project such as this. I'd
> love someone to prove me wrong, but I won't hold my breath.
>
> J.

Well, knock me down with a feather duster! - I passed this e-mail about
the LowTech Access Space onto the local Museum director (a friend of
mine). He has just got back to me saying that he likes the idea and has
suggested that I write a letter to one of our local councillors, which
he will pass-on with his support and enthusiasm. It's a start!
Anyway, as I have never written to a councillor about a project such as
this, I was wondering if anyone on the LUG could offer any hints or tips
on pitching this project to him. I would also be interested to hear from
anyone who would like to get involved in this project - the more support
we can muster, the better our chances of making this happen.

Maybe it's something we could discuss at the next meeting?

Jason.