[SC.LUG] wireless card

Andrew Hutchings info at a-wing.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 21:52:40 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 18:22 +0000, llew wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm urgently in need of a wireless pcl card (having just spent many
> hours/days  trying to get one going) that works out of box.? on GNU/Linux.
>
> It would be good if it all so works on other  op.sys.
>
> I've got to use it for a short bit, on an old 98se/machine, which is
> going to be replace soon by a new machine/GNU/Linux(Ubuntu).
>
> I've tried the net and am somewhat confused about which chip/card!
>
> I've been trying to set up a safecom 54bps 802.11g card.
>
> Any help/advice would be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> llew

Hi Llew,

If you have the Windows XP driver then it will probably work with
ndiswrapper under Linux is there is no native driver.
If you know the code on the main chip on the device I can check to see
if Ubuntu has a compatible driver without the use of ndiswrapper.

Regards
Andrew

--
Andrew Hutchings (A-Wing) - Linux Guru