[SC.LUG] wireless card

George george at goatadsl.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 01:53:08 GMT 2006

llew wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm urgently in need of a wireless pcl card (having just spent many
> hours/days  trying to get one going) that works out of box.? on GNU/Linux.

http://users.linpro.no/janl/hardware/wifi.html might help point you in
the right direction. Or, if you have a look on eBuyer or some other shop
that allows comments, sometimes people will mention their success with
using it with linux.

The main thing is to use as recent as possible a distribution of Linux
as wifi support is getting better all the time. Out of the ones I've
used Ubuntu seemed to have particularly good support.

Or, if it's appropriate to where you're wanting to use it you could just
buy a wireless bridge for your ethernet connection but that's cheating a
bit :)

George