Meetings [was Re: [SC.LUG] Hello from the High Peak]

Richard Smedley richard at sc.lug.org.uk
Tue Mar 28 14:01:38 BST 2006

> Just a quick one to say hello, I am a longtime Linux user living in
> Hadfield in the High Peak.

Hello to Mark,
And to everyone else who's joined while I've been taking a
rest from LUG-related activities for most of the last 6 months :-)

> I use mainly Debian based distro's now,
> though was a Slackware user for many years.

A strange form of masochism ;-)

> I also use various other
> UNIX's including OpenBSD and AIX.

You'll be in good company here - I think we've got most
*nixes represented somewhere - with the possible exception
of SCO ;^/

> Anyway I hope to try and get along to a meeting now and then.

Time to arrange another Macclesfield meeting?

It would be good to go back to regular speakers at meetings
if there is enough interest.
Feel free to suggest speakers and topics.