[SC.LUG] Re: Ubuntu first steps apt-get and openssh

Eion MacDonald eionmac at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 25 11:54:45 GMT 2007

Richard Pineger wrote:

>>Dave Love wrote:
>>

>>>More than that, I can open the Package.gz files in Firefox
>>
>>using the
>>
>>>links in this email The server is behind a NATs router/firewall on
>>>192.168.1.1 I don't know if that makes a difference here?
>>
>>I guess you need to configure your http_proxy in
>>/etc/apt.conf (man apt.conf) and/or set the http_proxy
>>environment variable.  If the installer doesn't prompt you
>>for that (I can't remember) it's a bug which should be reported.
>>

> Hi Dave, and thanks. I've bought some time with Carl at ITS Linux. He sorted
> it out in a jiffy by deleting the dysfunctional apt.conf file and allowing
> it to regenerate. It contained a reference to my router as a 'gateway' which
> meant that, although every other process could contact the internet, apt
> failed.
>
> My next problem is that my second hard drive is not 'seen' by linux. I want
> to format it but it is not present on hdb for fdisk to find. I guess I'll
> need to look into fstab and see what is there.
>
> Cheers all,
> Rich

Sir,

20070125

Is second hard disk visible when live Knoppix  Linux  system used?
Is so, then format from Knoppix and revert to ordinary system.

--

Regards
Eion MacDonald (eionmac at btinternet.com)

Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic. If
you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.