[SC.LUG] Re: Ubuntu first steps apt-get and openssh

Richard Pineger marrocdanderfluff at yahoo.co.in
Thu Jan 25 12:44:16 GMT 2007

Hi Eion,

That is a good idea and I do have an old Knoppix disk lying around but the
answer was much more simple. My hard drives are Serial ATA which seems to
mean that they appear under /dev/sd*. I've located the new drive under
/dev/sdb and will format it forthwith.

My next mini-project is to get the rsync rotating backups working from here:
http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rsync_snapshots/

Then I'll figure out how to compress an image and write it to DVD... oh what
fun!

Thanks again,
Richard Pineger