[SC.LUG] introduction

Nev nev at nevstah.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 17:43:53 BST 2007

hi all

just a quick intro...

i used to be a group member a couple of years ago, till things went
completely mad on a personal level

stands up... 'hi, my names nev, and i'm a linux user'

i have tried several flavours over the years, redhat, mandrake, fedora,
and at the moment am on ubuntu. i have tried moving away from MS
totally, but its just not practical for me. theres all my games, and
work-wise, you simply cant get some of the products i work with.. eg. MM
Flash. so i stick to running a couple of servers, 1 with 7.04 and the
other with 6.06 LTS.

i'm sure i have come across most of the 'usual' problems.. my most
annoying to date, is the fact my static IP addresses come from a dynamic
range, therefor i have problems  with people like SORBS who refuse to
believe i'm not a spammer.

anyways, thats me, i work for a marketing agency part time, and the rest
of my working life is spent fixing pc's and looking after/installing
networks etc.

oh, and i installed AVG on my server for antivirus, for those discussing
'transferring to linux'

cheers all

nev