[SC.LUG] ISO Image dd To DVD+RW

Frank Mitchell mitchell at wyatt672earp.force9.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 18:47:43 UTC 2010

Hmm:

I reckon you need to use Formatted Media, which DVD+RW must be. It's Randomly
Addressable, so you don't need to Close Session like on a Read-Only Disk.
Buffer Underruns are supposed to be irrelevant using DVD+. And the Drive
itself can calibrate the Optical Power from the Disk itself. I know I read
about this somewhere, and the article in question was saying you could
archive tar files this way. Anybody got any further info?