[SLUG] Disc and print sharing with XP

john at johnallsopp.co.uk john at johnallsopp.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 20:48:33 GMT 2004

>> The more I know, the more I think Linux ain't for normal people.
>>
> I'm sorry but I don't agree with this comment John .. it's a
> broad area and is not learnt in 5 minutes. I've been at it 10 years
> plus and still learn something everyday.

Aye, understood, but I'm not trying to set up a VPN, just share disc
space and a printer. It seem like there's a month's study to get to
the point where I understand how to do it. No normal person is going
to do that. I have a good degree in Internet Computing and I sit down
and start reading about doing something pretty basic like this and
almost nothing makes sense.

Does anyone mind if I cry? Just a little sniffle. I'll do it in
private now, and then I won't embarrass anyone at the next meeting.

Seriously though, I guess I'm bringing it upon myself by trying to
connect two different operating systems as an exercise .. I shouldn't
moan about that. I plan to get a Mac laptop to connect by wireless
next, that'll be fun :-)

John (because it's there) Allsopp