[sclug] Janino, Maven, and the LGPL

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Tue Nov 30 12:33:57 UTC 2004

Salut !

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 12:06:07PM +0000, Simon Heywood wrote:
> According to my understanding of section 4 of the LGPL, the source
> code for Janino should accompany the binary JAR file. However, I can't
> find the corresponding source anywhere on ibiblio.org. This means that
> I can't redistribute Janino myself.

Well you can grab the source from:
http://www.janino.net/download.html
by the looks of it.

> So are the LGPL terms not being observed? Who's responsible:
> ibiblio.org or the person who uploaded Janino to the Maven repository?
> Have I missed something about how Maven works?

Yeah sounds like they might not be.  I guess it's maven's fault as that
problem is duplicated on e.g. sunsite.dk.

Simon.

--
oOoOo   "A l'attaque par Junon" "Aoh!  Choquant.  Ce ne sont pas   oOoOo
 oOoOo      des gentils hommes" -- Ast?rix chez les Bretons.      oOoOo