[sclug] Linux Day + other plans

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at uksr.hp.com
Tue Oct 12 13:57:27 UTC 2004

I think these are good ideas.  I really don't want to throw cold water
over it.  RUG use the British Legion in Tilehurst.  But that costs
money.  So we would need to have to charge to use do that.  RUG charge 2
quid per person and I believe that covers the cost.
I guess we would also have the make the Group more formal if we are
going to hold money.

I'm sure RUG would be happy to host the odd "linux" event but they are
predominantly M$ so they would not want us hijacking their agenda.

I think the idea of having a night where we can bring Kit and do and try
things would be useful.  The problem with the BOB meeting is that it's
purely social and has no structure.

Lets talk about it tomorrow.

BTW.  Sorry I could not make the day domestic commitments prevented it.

Tom.