[sclug] [OT] Anybody want an Amiga?

Mike Mallett mike.mallett at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 27 19:18:15 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: sclug-bounces at sclug.org.uk [mailto:sclug-bounces at sclug.org.uk] On
Behalf Of Ian Park
Sent: 27 October 2004 12:52
To: sclug at sclug.org.uk; hants at mailman.lug.org.uk; bits at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: [sclug] [OT] Anybody want an Amiga?

Ever since we moved here, over 10 years ago, my son's Amiga 500 has been
sitting in its boxes, getting no use. Since I have lots of x86/Athlon boxes
around the place, and Linux to play with, I think this situation isn't
likely to change... Would anybody like to take it off my hands for a
reasonable sum (negotiate, negotiate...)?

The setup consists of an Amiga 500 with a memory expansion to 1MB, an extra
floppy drive and a Philips CM8833 14" monitor. All the leads and the mouse
are there, the keyboard is in good nick (it's had no exposure to sunlight)
and it's all in the original packing. There's the usual Amiga Workbench 1.3,
Extras, A500 tutorial and Paint Deluxe II, and three games: "Rainbow
Island", "Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters" and "F29
Retaliator". I set it all up last night and it seems to be working OK. If
you'd like to make me an offer, drop me an email or phone me.

=========

This reminds that I have a box of Amiga software around which anyone can
have