[sclug] Netvigator - Anyone using it.

Bob Franklin r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
Sun Apr 17 19:24:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

I don't have it myself, but reports I've had from friends indicate it is
quite reception-dependant.  In addition, the latency is very poor (of the
order of a few 100ms - similar to GSM with CSD or GPRS) so anything
interactive is likely to be be poor.  However, downloads are reported as
pretty good, once they get going.

Since I run a lot of interactive sessions (SSH, RDP, etc.), I've seen no
reason to change over.  (Especially as NTL have upgraded me to 2Mbit/s
for the same cost.)

   - Bob

--
  Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>          +44 (0)118 378 7147
  Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK