[sclug] Nokia phone interfacing

Hamlesh Motah admin at hamlesh.com
Thu Feb 24 11:08:51 UTC 2005

Guys/Gals(?)

I've had an idea, and i'm wondering how doable it is.  I have an old
Nokia 6310 with data cable and an o2 300 free texts a month sim.

I want to leave it plugged into a linux machine and setup some services
monitoring, I know there are loads of service monitoring tools out
there, but is there anyway to simply interface with the phone?  A deamon
or application that you can call from the command line with parameters
like;

./phoneapp +44776.... Message

Would be perfect.

I'd also look at setting up dial in as well, but thats an easy one to
sort.

Any thoughts?

Hamlesh Motah.