[sclug] RE: Newbie, partitioning 120Gb HDD - recommendations?

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 22:04:10 UTC 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 07:57:04 -0000, Douglas Brown <Douglas.Brown at uk.com> wrote:

> > Now here's the killer. I need to get going quickly (deadlines coming up).
> Can anyone think of any sources of information or guide lines?

I just installed on a 200GB disk, and just created one big / and some
swap, thats all. Some people would have you create a /, /usr, /home,
/var etc but I dont bother.

If you did, why not just follow the guideline for the 20GB disk you
found and have the rest for /home. That's what you're most likely to
fill up.

Cheers,
Al.