[sclug] RedHat Software Raid

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Thu Jan 27 00:27:55 UTC 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:23:23 +0000 (GMT)
Alex Butcher <lug at assursys.co.uk> wrote:

> I recall using raidhotadd in the past, but it appears to be deprecated in
> FC3, leaving mdadm as the only official way of administering an md RAID
> set.

Interesting: I wasn't aware of that. It does seem that RH are trying to
reduce the number of variables (or "choice" if I'm being uncharitable) - I
was amazed to find that the editor 'joe' is not included in RHWS anymore.

Oh well, looks like I'm going to have to start using mdadm again if I come
across a RH system with s/w RAID...

Keith