[sclug] Install day on 15th / 29th?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon Apr 3 10:49:09 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

Quoting Spiros Kapetanakis <spizkapa at gmail.com>:
> We would also need to arrange who can help carry stuff around (I can
> do some of that too). We'd need some setup time before the event and
> some nice sould to provide the coffee...
>
> Other things that I can remember doing for the last install day I was
> involved with include: print posters and distribute to shops in town,
> advertise at local colleges and universities (we put info on message
> of the day).
>
> Also, the event can make some money back for the LUG is people donate
> stuff that we then sell to people. So, if you had some old books, they
> could go for a couple of quid to cover printing costs etc. I remember
> selling an old 486 for 10 pounds which covered the nibbles for the
> install day.

This all sounds amazing, especially the three day event! Since there's
not much
time running up to the 15th we probably shouldn't be *too* ambitious for this
one. But we (Remix Reading) hold open media labs every fortnight so it will be
easy to arrange another, bigger one in the future.

Oh, and I'll ask if we can open the bar so we can serve refreshments
during the
day...

Regards,
Tom

--
I am aware that emails to this address may be mistakenly caught as spam. If
you don't get a reasonably timely reply, please try contacting me at
telex4 at yahoo.com