[sclug] veeeerrrrryyyy looooong delay booting (initrd)

ed ed at s5h.net
Sat Aug 12 07:56:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 02:00:15 +0100
Will Dickson <wrd at glaurung.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Again FWIW, my Dapper takes its sweet time mounting filesystems as
> well;  not long enough to count as broken, just long enough to be a
> wind-up -  "ha ha, you thought I wasn't going to mount '/' there,
> didn't you? Gotcha!"

Some filesystems take longer to mount than others, such as ext2/3 and
reiser taking far longer than xfs... if you have concerns about booting
xfs, just put /boot on ext3, relatively small partitions wont be
noticed, but something like /usr, /var, /usr/home or /home might be
noted.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://s5h.net/u?l
just another perl person