[sclug] installing Debian on HP Proliant ML110 G3

Rachel linux at rachelandrew.co.uk
Sat Aug 19 20:27:52 UTC 2006

On 19 Aug 2006, at 19:38, John Barron wrote:

> Is it worth trying Ubuntu on it, if that will install successfully?
> Admittedly
> that's better known as a desktop distribution, however it is
> essentially
> Debian at heart, and AIUI there is a 'server install' option which
> will give
> you a non-GUI basic/minimal system to which you can add what you
> require with
> apt-get.

I've tried ubuntu - which installs fine, however I am getting the
same error trying to install Apache:

dpkg: error processing apache (--configure)
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 10
Errors were encountered while processing:apache

This install is not running any version of Apache so I guess that
wasn't the reason it was failing with Debian Testing.

The reason I need Apache 1.3 rather than 2 is that, as a web
developer, I've yet to encounter a live server running Apache 2 and
I'd rather keep our dev environment similar to the boxes we go live
on. When I'm finding that most hosting services are running Apache 2
we'll upgrade.

--
Rachel
work: http://www.edgeofmyseat.com