[sclug] create DVD/VCD from multiple .AVI files?

James Wyper jrwyper at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 20:15:59 UTC 2006

I haven't tried them for your specific issue, but it would be worth
having a look at Avidemux (ubuntu package available via automatix), or
possibly the tovid scripts (there's an ubuntu .deb available from

tovid.wikia.com/wiki/Installing_tovid/Ubuntu

I've successfully converted .avi files (e.g. from certain series that
have been - ahem - "Lost" to terrestrial TV) into DVD-compliant mpegs
using Avidemux, then used DVDstyler to make a DVD.  I haven't actually
used tovid yet but it appears to do much the same.

James.