[sclug] domain / www hosting

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Fri Dec 22 13:37:50 UTC 2006

hi,

not really a linux question, but I thought someone on here would know..

I want to get a few megs of free space for my domain so I can host it under
www.davisononline.org  There are plenty of companies offering small amounts
of space for free, but all of them seem to insist on me changing the DNS
servers for my domain to them.

I understand they want this to be able to keep the www record up to date,
but I don't want to lose control of this (unless there's no real danger in
doing so??)

Does anyone know of a free hoster that will just tell me which IP address to
associate with my www A record in the DNS so that I can keep control at
NetworkSolutions?  Do such things exist?

Cheers,

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xE855B3EA