[sclug] domain / www hosting

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Mon Dec 25 00:54:17 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 11:05:16AM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> Friends don't let friends keep domains with Network Solutions.

I'm not particular about them, just the ability to be able to login and
change any of my A records.  This is what I was concerned not to lose if I
did what these hosting companies wanted.  It wasn't clear to me whether that
would have actually happened.

> Seriously, move the domain to an OpenSRS based reseller (disclaimer: I
> represent Black Cat Networks, an OpenSRS reseller) or any other
> competent reseller really.

so, what is the issue with NetworkSolutions, and what is good/better about
OpenSRS?

Cheers, and Merry Christmas all :)

--
Darren Davison