[sclug] Removing Browser Toolbars

Sean Furey sean-lists-sclug at furey.me.uk
Tue May 16 09:39:01 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 10:20:49AM +0100, Peter Brewer wrote:
> Do you guys still think this is a bad idea?

I suspected that the scenario you had in mind would be something like
this.  And yes, it makes sense to some degree.  But I still don't
believe it is possible in browsers, nor do I believe that it *should* be
possible in a standard browser.  It may be fine in your example, but if
it were possible, every site that currently decides that I don't know
what size my browser window should be, will also decide that my toolbars
clash with their design, and should be replaced.  (several already
decide in IE that the default scrollbar colours are ugly, and change
them.  If firefox ever gets this "feature", I'm switching to w3m...)

Also, if nothing else, how would you expect this to look in a firefox
tab?

Sean