[sclug] Removing Browser Toolbars

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Tue May 16 09:39:31 UTC 2006

Peter Brewer wrote:

> Do you guys still think this is a bad idea?

Your users may be fairly computer naive but they are (hopefully)
learning, and making your page's controls look like the browser's
controls but acting differently is, I'm afraid, likely to confuse them.

I'd be inclined to redesign your admin page so that its various controls
are clearly delineated e.g. by having a distinctive border around your
page with its own controls, and making it clear that your controls are
*not* the browser's controls by making them distinctively different and,
maybe labelling them.

John Stumbles