[sclug] Linux Apprentice Wanted !

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Nov 6 21:48:33 UTC 2006

John Stumbles wrote:
> Alan Pearson wrote:
[...]
> My opinions wrt age discrimination _are_ informed, by personal
> experience. If you're not interested in that then you'd better make sure
> you 'advance' into pointy-haired management before you find out
> yourself, in years to come.

I had reason to initiate a yahoo group a while back on someone elses
behalf, after correspondence in computing magazine, ageofit:
'IT employment in the UK is subject to high-levels of age
discrimination (ageism). Job candidates over 40 frequently experience
difficulties in getting permanent employment.
The purpose of this group is to provide a forum for exchanging
practical ideas and discussion that will help improve the chances of
individuals getting paid employment in IT.'

If there is any interest in this obviously ongoing subject, readers
might consider contributing. (I am no longer closely involved)
--
alan cocks
Linux registered user #360648