[sclug] LUG administrivia

ed ed at s5h.net
Wed Aug 1 17:40:34 UTC 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:33:42 +0100
Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li> wrote:

> What are people's opinions on announcements from the lugmaster list?
>
> Since Simon Heywood went off to France, I've been subscribed to the
> lugmaster list which is a way of distributing important or interesting
> announcements to UK LUGs like the perl survey I posted the other day.
>
> There do however seem to be a lot of them so I'm interested to know if
> you think there should be more or fewer or I should just let all of
> them through.
>
> For instance today there is an announcement about a python conference
> ( http://pyconuk.org )
>
> Anyway, if you want more or less information then tell me.

I think it's a good idea to keep them coming, this is perhaps one of
the lower volume lists that I'm subscribed to, most people have gig
disks and broadband now so it's not really a question of storage or
traffic.

Could you add something to the subject so that I could file it away
under my announcements folder.

I think it's a great way of knowing what's going on in the community.

Pycon might be fun, but Birmingham is probably a little out of the way
for most.

--
The dirt trail to Toshi Station is toast because of BobaFett.
RedHat is blaming it on our equipment.