[sclug] Kinda OT - PC recommendations?

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Fri Mar 23 12:57:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 11:41:13AM +0000, ed wrote:
> In addition to the above, the open source driver does not do dual head.
> I spent a few evenings trying to get that to work but it just wasnt
> going to happen. Closed though it may be, it does the job, and until
> they get their ass in gear I'll have to put up with reinstalling the
> driver every time the x-window-system* is upgraded.

there is an ubuntu package called "Envy" by Alberto Milone which will take
all the hassle out of re-installing the nVidia drivers.  Not sure if you can
get it from a repo, but you can d/l the .deb from his website [1] and just
use dpkg -i on it.  Then just run "sudo envy".  Fetches the latest driver
from nVidia into the bargain.

I've also used his scripts on Feisty by just uncommenting the Feisty
discovery code he's put in to one of the Python scripts.  Worked flawlessly
as it did on Edgy too.

Recommended.

[1] http://albertomilone.com/nvidia_scripts1.html

Darren.