[sclug] Skype

Alan Hawes alan at haweshouse.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 19:48:02 UTC 2007

Hi

Has anyone managed to get video working on the skype beta yet?

When I go to the options screen my webcam seems to get excited but there are
no devices when I look at the video devices in the options tab.

I'm assuming my ati card is not using the required xv extension,which may be
why it's not there, although my webcam works in xawtv and kopete. I'm not
sure whether these apps use xv or not.

Could someone enlighten me on how to add this support. I'm using the ati fglrx
driver under opensuse 10.3.

Also can anyone recommend a good mic to use?

Many thanks

Alan