[sclug] Overly sensitive mouse

Derek M Jones derek at knosof.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 14:06:41 UTC 2008

All,

I have a new optical mouse and it appears to be very sensitive.
At least that is my explanation for why my monitor randomly
comes out of suspend mode (the rumble of traffic is moving the
mouse).

The man page for xset does not list any option to tell it to ignore
mouse input to bring to screen out of suspend mode.  There does
not seem to be a 'sensitivity' option in xorg.conf that has the
required behavior.

Does anybody have an ideas how I can increase the amount of mouse
activity need to bring the screen out of suspend mode or cause X
to ignore mouse input for this purpose?

--
Derek M. Jones                         tel: +44 (0) 1252 520 667
Knowledge Software Ltd                 mailto:derek at knosof.co.uk
Source code analysis                   http://www.knosof.co.uk