[sclug] the case of the exploding switch

Tom Carbert-Allen tom at randominter.net
Thu Jul 3 17:18:18 UTC 2008

Thanks to all who have made suggestions, I have taken them all in and am
still looking into this issue.

I have now installed a load of 4 port switchs with three devices and one
uplink on each one to a master switch which just has the uplinks. Non of
them have died yet, but if they do we can narrow it down to 3 devices. I
have earthed all of them.

I will let you know if I ever get a clear answer out of what happens at
this quiete strange case. I have installed hundreds of switchs in my
life a small business IT guy but never seen anything this odd.

TCA