[sclug] Serial terminal emulator wanted

Martin Summers Martin.Summers at ansys.com
Thu Apr 16 06:38:08 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have never tried this tool, but you could take a look at PowerTerm:-

http://freshmeat.net/projects/powerterm

Its difficult to recommend an alternative to minicom, as I am not sure which features you really don't like in minicom, (all of it ?) and which features you need and would like implemented better !
Are you trying to do something very specific over a serial port ?

If Powerterm is no good, have a look on the freshmeat site above under projects tagged "terminals" as there are a lot out there !

-Martin