[sclug] Serial terminal emulator wanted

Dickon Hood sclug at splurge.fluff.org
Thu Apr 16 07:36:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 07:38:08 +0100, Martin Summers wrote:
: Hello,

: I have never tried this tool, but you could take a look at PowerTerm:-

: http://freshmeat.net/projects/powerterm

: Its difficult to recommend an alternative to minicom, as I am not sure
: which features you really don't like in minicom, (all of it ?) and which
: features you need and would like implemented better !

To be fair, Minicom is a bit of a mess.

I recommend screen.  'screen /dev/ttyS0 9600 cs8' will do what you expect.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.