[sclug] Pirate Party UK and Free software (was Re: Greens Hail Victory For Internet Users In Euro-Parliament - But Warn Online Rights Still Under Threat)

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Sat Nov 7 13:09:48 UTC 2009

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, John Barron wrote:

> And please don't forget we have a busy/active UK Pirate party gearing up:
> http://pirateparty.org.uk
>
> We have several hundred members now (and thousands of sympathisers), please do
> come along and join us in bringing this to UK shores.

I've been following with interest the formation of PPUK policy on your Wiki,
especially that with respect to copyright, bearing in mind rms' remarks that
the Swedish PP's policy backfires with respect to Free software
(<http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/pirate-party.html>).

(Presumably) your contribution to the Wiki discussion
<http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/wiki/Talk:Copyright_Policy_Working_Group>
mentions that the PPUK's draft policy will address rms' concerns; has the
draft policy been formulated yet?

> John

Best Regards,
Alex