[sclug] Trouble booting from DVDs - update

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 28 07:10:01 UTC 2013

Tom
Thanks for the reply.
The drive claims to support both +R and -R and research tells me that there
is no physical difference between media  of each type although mine are
clearly labelled -R. So what determines the format to be used? There does
not appear to be a means of specifying this in Brasero, so I am a little
perplexed. I don't believe it is damaged media, several discs from several
sources having the same problem including mag discs that I have booted from
on other machines. So that leaves the brand new device, the cable or
something else as yet not defined as the problem. Looks like a two pipe
problem.

Neil
(from my mobile phone)