[sclug] Starting up real meetings again.

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Fri Feb 25 11:25:14 UTC 2022

> I and some others took
> issue with the owner of Wetherspoons Tim Martin and his support for
> Brexit.

Is it appropriate to bring one's own political views to the LUG? There may
well be others who strongly support Tim Martin's view, but neither support
nor opposition to his views on Brexit should influence the choice of venue.

It doesn't make any difference to me - I'm 100 miles away so won't be
there - but it's a slippery slope to allow a business owner's political
stance to influence how the LUG behaves.