[Scottish] [OT] Need an ISP

Michael Cameron scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 28 09:48:00 2002

>I'll second that. Demon are a top-notch ISP, and are pretty unix
>friendly as well (not officially support or anything, but it's techys
>are generally able and willing and there's instructions for unix
>clients on the website).

Hmmm,  you get what you pay for though.  PremConn+ = ?20, unmetered with
surftime = ?20 (reduced recently?)
?40 p.m. is pretty steep.  Also, I've just left Demon because of their lack
of unmetered 128K support.  They said "soon" 2years ago.  Finally, although
I still think they are a cut above most ISPs, the level of service had
started to drop off over the last 6 months or so.

Does anyone have experience of Surfanytime (based in Glasgow)?  Using them
just now and happy with both the service itself and the support, however,
they do seem to change the T&C without warning.  I'm just wondering if
commercial reality is starting to take its toll.

MC