[Scottish] [OT] Need an ISP

William Anderson scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 28 10:07:00 2002

Michael Cameron wrote:
> > I'll second that. Demon are a top-notch ISP, and are pretty unix
> > friendly as well (not officially support or anything, but it's
> > techys are generally able and willing and there's instructions for
> > unix clients on the website).
> >
> Hmmm,  you get what you pay for though.  PremConn+ = ?20, unmetered
> with surftime = ?20 (reduced recently?)
> ?40 p.m. is pretty steep.

It's now UKP25/mo for Surftime Anytime, but UKP45/mo is still reasonably
cheap for what can effectively be a 50Kbps downstream/33Kbps upstream
always-on connection, if you can't get any other broadband or always-on
service where you live.

> [snip]
> Finally, although I still think they are a cut above most ISPs, the
> level of service had started to drop off over the last 6 months or so.

Fair comment. :(

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'