[Scottish] Free Router!

Andrew Elwell scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 28 10:14:01 2002

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 10:02:49AM +0100, Ian Drake, IT, CIR, SE Dunbartonshire wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> I'll give you a free one - try the "route" command, Linux is a far superior
> router to most as it's capable of supporting many new and old technologies
> concurrently (how many Cisco's support ADSL & ISDN & 802.3 & X.25 & 56k
> modem?) It also supports stateful packet inspection firewalling and IPSEC
> for all your VPN needs (I do have a personal preference for examining VPLs
> myself).

:-) Yes thanks, my iptables scripts already do lots of stuff with eth0
and ippp0.

However, I'm looking for a small QUIET box rather than having to reboot
mothers PC (normally win98) into linux every time I want to use one of
the other PC's on the lan to surf the web.

it's actually got a Fritz PCI (ye old BT speedway ones) card in that I
got for a tenner off ebay...

Amdrew