[Scottish] Procmail problem ("Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/sjm217")

Martin McCarthy scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 18 12:36:01 2002

> My current .procmailrc (for testing) is:
> ---
> :0:ntlworld.lock
> | /usr/opt/nmh/lib/rcvstore +ntlworld
> ---

That looks OK.  I'm not familiar with MH so can't comment on how you're
using rcvstore.

What I would do is put
 VERBOSE=1
at the top of .procmailrc so that you get more verbose reporting of what
is going on.

You might want to put
 LOGFILE=/path/to/my/procmail/log
in there to keep track of the log output.

Are the permissions on your .procmailrc and home directory sufficiently
tight?  Procmail will refuse to use your rc file if it doesn't look
secure!
The fact that you say it is ignoring DEFAULT makes that seem a likely
problem.

Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</         http://www.non-prophet.org