[Scottish] Procmail problem ("Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/sjm217")

scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 18 13:47:01 2002

Martin,

> use
>
>   /us/bin/procmail /path/to/my/.procmailrc
>
> and see what that does for you!

With the line:
---
defaults mda "/usr/bin/procmail /homes/sjm217/.procmailrc"
---
put into .fetchmailrc the output from procmail is about the same:
---
procmail: Couldn't create "/var/spool/mail/sjm217"
procmail: [6010] Fri Oct 18 13:32:32 2002
procmail: Locking "ntlworld.lock"
procmail: Executing "/usr/opt/nmh/lib/rcvstore,+ntlworld"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/usr/opt/nmh/lib/rcvstore +ntlworld"
procmail: Unlocking "ntlworld.lock"
procmail: Notified comsat: "sjm217@:/usr/opt/nmh/lib/rcvstore +ntlworld"
 Subject: test
  Folder: /usr/opt/nmh/lib/rcvstore +ntlworld                              1486
---

There is also no file /etc/procmailrc

It looks like the path of the system mailbox is somehow hardcoded into the
source. Do you know of any way to change the system mailbox or prevent
procmail from attempting to create it without recompiling the code?

/msg00146.html and: