[Scottish] Re: Making scotlug mailing list available via gmane news gateway?

Martin McCarthy scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 2 22:26:00 2003

> I do like to feel in control of who knows my email address
> so if joning GMane is going to involve any degree of risk that my email
> address will become widely published, I'd rather not.

But the archives of this list (pre-gmane) are already published in
publicly accessible places!
For example, here's a post of mine from last month just waiting to be
scraped by the spammers:
  http://mailman.lug.org.uk/pipermail/scottish/2003-March/000785.html

Your address would also be archived along with this mail I'm writing now
if I hadn't manually removed the line above the quote from your mail
where my mailer inserted: