[Scottish] (no subject)

Charles McCrimmon Specis at Specis-design.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 23:18:14 GMT 2003

Lo all,

never replied here, Never been to a meeting myself. so ive kept quiet
through this as im not really a part of scotlug, i plan on going to the
meets starting in january.. and i can see the point of the whole
commitie stuff, but that only works to a point.

just cos theres some staff with a title doesnt make the group have
direction, doesnt help the new people to linux (like me), the people
that hang around on IRC were the ones that helped me out when i needed
it. and as for this mailing list. TBH its been of no help at all, all
ive had in my inbox from this so far (TO me an outsider) is a small
power fight, where there isnt really power to be distributed.

Now the idea of some structure to the meets its a great idea IMO because
there is people like me that Dont drink and dont frequent any Pubs, but
i would come along to the first parts where i can learn more about
Linux, maybe even share some of my knowledge to others.

This in fighting is probably driving new people like me away, as i sit
here. dont really know what all the fuss is about and basically just
wanna leave this mailing list and stick to the IRC channel where i do
get the help needed to me

anyway, just my little view it can be ignored as im not what you could
call an active member of scotlug, but im a member none the less

l8tr
Charles McCrimmon
(Specis)
www.blitzcoder.com