[Scottish] Forming New LUG

dode dodep at tystie.com
Wed Dec 24 19:26:27 GMT 2003

More mud for the waters..

I'd be keen to see ScotLUG/aLUG/anyLUG move forward and provide a more
structured forum for discussion and also offer a point of contact for
business and newbies. To do this we need names and probably titles, this is
the least that a lot of folks from outside the world of open software
projects expect to see.

If for whatever reasons we can't agree on this then can I suggest that we form
a SIG within ScotLUG and try and keep us all under one banner? The last thing
anyone trying to advocate Linux needs is a schism and I don't see any real
disagreement that the various alternative proposals are wrong, just wrong for
some of us. Obviously for this to work we would need to draw a line under any
ill feeling caused by the recent 'discussions'.

To summarise the ramble above, could we have an organised sub-group working
within ScotLUG? This groups can be self directing and is unlikely to come
into conflict with the aims of the main group... talking of which can someone
please remind me again what these were?

George