[Scottish] Debian: leafnode 1.9.27 keeps re-fetching all newsgroups from remote news-server(s)

David Marsh's list-reading hat scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jan 7 18:12:01 2003

Hi all, happy new year..

I run Debian testing (sarge) on my machine, and have recently noticed
the following problem.

I use leafnode (v1.9.27) for fetching news from several remote
news-servers. Over the past few days, I have noticed that leafnode seems
to be re-fetching the list of newsgroups from each server on every
occasion that it runs, with messages such as:

 Getting all newsgroups from news.gradwell.net

I presume that it must have reached the refresh period in the
configuration file, but, obviously, once the newsgroups lists have been
refreshed, it should not refresh them again for some time!

Does anybody have any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks,

David.

--
David Marsh, <email in header is valid>  | http://web.viewport.co.uk/