[Scottish] Debian: leafnode 1.9.27 keeps re-fetching all newsgroups from remote news-server(s)

David Marsh's list-reading hat scottish at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jan 9 17:19:00 2003

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:35:42 +0000
Graeme Mathieson <mathie+slug@wossname.org.uk> wrote:

> [ If you ask on the Edlug list, the Debian package maintainer of
>   Leafnode would be quite likely to notice, btw. :-) ]

Ah, that might be remarkably handy.
What's the address (and do I have to subscribe to post)?

> Having never used leafnode, I don't know if it's a configuration
> problem, but can you get a trace of the NNTP conversation?

Call me thick, but how do I do that?
(I'm remembering now why it is I have a love-hate relationship with
computers: I just want the things to work, non-stop tinkering is no
longer any fun and bug-testing, as I'm sure we all know, is no fun at
all :-( )

> If it *is* doing something along those lines, then I'd check your
> clock.:-)

Clock is fine as far as I'm aware, it's synced with ntpdate every time I
dial up :)

--
David Marsh, <email in header is valid>  | http://web.viewport.co.uk/